Sometimes a situation arises where a standard crane just won’t do the job.
Wallace has a long history of customizing our portable gantry cranes to meet special needs. The possibilities are endless:
- Beam Lengths
- ibeams can be cut to a shorter length
- longer spans are available for some tri-adjustable cranes
- Crane Heights
- Thrifty cranes can be cut to a shorter height
- some Tri-Adjustable cranes are available up to 26’0” maximum overall height by special order
- Optional Accessories
- V-groove casters are available for all cranes up to 10 ton capacity for use on inverted angle track (standard on our 15-ton cranes)
- polyurethane casters (standard on our steel 7-1/2 ton Thrifty cranes and 8 and 10-ton tri-adjustable cranes) are available for all of our other standard cranes up to 5-ton capacity
- single 10” or 12” diameter pneumatic casters (up to ½ ton capacity crane only)
- dual 12” diameter pneumatic casters (for aluminum cranes only up to 1-ton capacity and 18’5” maximum overall height)
- caster brakes are available for all our gantry cranes
I-Beams can be specially cut to shorter length at no additional charge if required. The other customizations, if feasible, incur an additional charge based on your specific requirements.
Note that gantry crane customizations, brakes on casters, and optional caters typically increase lead time.
When requesting a quote for a custom gantry crane, please make a note in the “Any Special Requirements” field (11d) and we’ll do our best to accommodate you. Please also feel free to contact us (610-647-1400) if you need assistance. We have experts on hand to answer all your questions.