This general engineering product specification is for the Wallace Steel Square-Tube Aluminum Tri-Adjustable Gantry Crane.
You will find these models on the tri-adjustable steel 8 and 10-ton capacity page. They have a model number that includes the letter “S” once or not at all, for example, 8T10-S10 and 10T19-25.
General Engineering Product Specification
Gantry end frames shall be of steel square tube construction manufactured to Wallace Cranes standards including, but not limited to, the following:
- Gantry shall be adjustable in height and have main leg ductile iron center castings for brace leg attachment to main support legs.
- Gantry shall be adjustable in span so that operators may adjust the crane to an inboard braced, outboard braced, or a combination of the two or approved cantilevered configuration.
- Gantry shall be adjustable in caster frame spread and have ductile iron castings for attachment of casters.
- The steel I-beam shall be American Standard and have a design deflection of no greater than l/800th of the span. The I-beam shall also be free-swinging and self-aligning to lift off-center loads as approved.
- The telescoping legs shall be adjustable in 6” increments and also be equipped with steel safety stop pins for everyday use as well as when adjusting height.
- Spread adjustment on the caster frames shall be in 6” increments. Over spreading of the caster frame adjustment shall be prevented by means of an internal steel safety cable.
- The main leg ductile iron center castings shall have spring-loaded load-bearing adjusting pins for adjusting/maintaining height adjustment of crane as well as attachment of brace legs.
- Gantry shall be equipped with eight, 360 degree rotating, polyurethane casters with 4-position swivel locks, at 90 degrees, to provide easy steering of crane by locking “lead” casters only, or to allow positioning of crane more firmly than a brake by locking all eight casters 90 degrees to each other. Casters shall be 10” diameter.
- The I-beam and I-beam brackets shall be painted with red gloss industrial quality paint.
- The frames, including brace legs, caster frames, and main legs shall be dip painted with red gloss industrial quality paint for protection of both inner and outer tubing walls.
- The model number to be provided shall be tested in accordance with Wallace specifications (A specific unit shipped is not tested; unless a Certificate of Test is ordered [additional charge applies]).
- Gantry is manufactured in accordance with our interpretation of ANSI B30.17 and U.S. OSHA, (Section 1910.179, revised January 1976), regulations at the time of manufacture.
Downloadable / Printable PDF Version of the Specification
Download or print a PDF version of the specification.
Last Rev. 1/2016